Welcome To My Page

Thank you for choosing my blog to read, feel free to comment

Monday, August 2, 2010

-Growing Up-




Macomb Illinois is a good size town in the mid west. Everywhere you look is corn & bean fields. I remember alot about growing up at 709 S. Lafayette St. All the neighborhood kids i grew up with, water balloon fights, flashlight tag, pranks, backyard wiffle ball games, ya know kid stuff.. I grew up in a house where sports was LIFE.. i started Tumbling & Gymnastics at a very young age, then that leading into softball at age 7 than once i hit 10 my dad put a basketball in my hand & off i went to play for the next 8 years. I picked up soccer at 15 and played till i graduated high school.. school was always hard for me.. well i guess paying attention to the school work was.. i was always talkative.. i can go back and look at my report cards and see that the teachers even in 1st grade would put "socialized too much in class". what can i say, im a girl, i love to talk, gossip and say what i gotta say!! than i finally started to notice boys but my dad made sure that basketball came first, that i didn't have time for boys.. little did he know *giggle*! gotta love my dad! i love sports from the day i started and i am still a lover of sports to this day. i remember sitting down with my mom & sister watching the Olympic Gymnasts on TV and wishing i could be like them, then it came time for me to play basketball and the WMBA came around and my goal was to play for the LA Sparks like Lisa Leslie and show all these jackass guys who made fun of us girls for playing ball a thing or 2!! When reality set int hat i wasn't going to become a professional basketball player was when i was a freshman... i was at soccer practice and f'd up my knee from falling in a hole in the middle of our soccer field.. at the time i was play volleyball in the fall, basketball in winter and soccer in spring.. so i choose not to go out for volleyball (i didn't like it much anyways) and focus on getting my knee healed for basketball. Now we are up to my senior year of highschool.. Homecoming, Senior nights, Prom, then Graduation. Graduation was the best day of my entire life because i knew i had finally gotten out of Macomb High and left behind all of its drama and off to SRC to start college and become a real adult!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment